My client is a leading M&E Contractor working across various large scale projects in Ireland.
Overall Role Objective
The Mechanical Project Engineer assists in the planning and coordination of all mechanical activities; is responsible for enforcing consistent standards and helps ensure on time handover of projects to clients.
• Assist in the management of projects from tender to client handover.
• Vendor / Contractor management.
• Engage with internal and external design teams to ensure constructability of finalised design.
• Plan construction and installation works and engage with installation teams to ensure completion is planned and managed smoothly.
• Prepare RAMS during pre-construction phase, ensure they are updated as necessary, followed during construction and installation works and completed efficiently
• Identify Mechanical equipment required during installation and construction phase, hire and procure as necessary ensuring timely delivery to site and off hire after use.
• Ensure Installation works are completed accurately and efficiently with all appropriate vendor and client sign off
• Engage with commissioning teams to ensure handover is planned from construction phase and managed smoothly.
• Prepare Test Packs and work with QA/QC to ensure that all mechanical construction works are carried out in accordance with specifications.
• Consider the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints.
• Select plant and equipment to meet specifications.
• Interface with clients, vendors, client project management and other disciplines ensuring the highest level of service is provided.
• Assist in the production of coordinated system drawings, plans through CAD and/or BIM.
• Prepare detailed technical submittals for approval.
Qualifications / Skills
• Engineering qualification.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability and confidence to deal with a broad range of people.
• Organised individual with a constant focus and attention to detail.
• Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
• Ability to meet strict deadline and work under pressure.
• Excellent IT skills.
To apply for this exciting opportunity please contact Marion Keating on (Apply online only).
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. Please note! You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any job. TRS Staffing acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003